Welcome to Friends of the Knox County Public Library!
Share the joy of reading by helping Friends of the Library and Knox County Public Library collect new or like-new children’s books to include in holiday baskets from the Knoxville News Sentinel Empty Stocking Fund!
The book drive continues through November 30.
Learn more about how you can be a part of this year’s campaign to collect enough books to ensure that every child opens a new book this holiday season.
You can help us make 2016 even better by being part of an energetic family that advocates on behalf of the Knox County Public Library year-round.
As a member of Friends in 2016, you’ll be a stakeholder in one of Knox County’s longest-standing nonprofit organizations. You’ll also be eligible for two special discounts: 10% off at the East Tennessee History Center’s museum shop, and 20% off one entire purchase at Union Ave Books.
Whether you’re a new Friend or an old one, please join us in 2016. Library lovers all over Knox County will thank you!
#GivingTuesday is a global day dedicated to giving back. It uses social media to encourage the donation of time, resources and talents to address local challenges and support local nonprofit organizations.
#GivingTuesday 2015 is December 1, but our “I love my library because” campaign starts early as we highlight the reasons we love and support KCPL. Download our #GivingTuesday #UNselfie form, fill in the blank, take a photo, and send it to us so we can share your library love.
You can also post your own photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Just be sure to use the hashtags #GivingTuesday, #UNselfie, #LibraryLove and #FriendsoftheLibrary.
Join the Knox County Imagination Library’s Banks for Books campaign!
Empty your pockets and your piggy banks and collect the loose change on your dresser. Then visit one of these locations all over town and make your deposit.
Banks for Books continues through November 30. All donations will be used to put books in the hands of Knox County children.
Looking for ideas for holiday gifts? We have a few suggestions for you!
- The 2016 Knoxville Remembered calendar is available for $15 at Friends @ Rothrock Used Book Shop, Mast General Store, Union Ave Books, East Tennessee History Center, Räla, Disc Exchange, Visit Knoxville, Pratt’s Country Store, and Nothing Too Fancy. All proceeds from calendar sales benefit the KCPL Staff Association.
- The Friends @ Rothrock Used Book Shop has a great selection of gift books and, for the first time ever, gift certificates that can be used at Rothrock or at any Friends used book sale.
- Show your library love by giving a gift membership to Friends to someone special.
When you register your Kroger Plus Card and choose Friends as your recipient, you’ll earn points for us with every purchase you make—points that will be converted into dollars of support for Friends. Don’t worry—you’ll still receive your usual Kroger Plus Card discounts. And library lovers in Knox County will thank you for your support!
If you haven’t registered your card yet, follow these easy steps to link your card to Friends:
- Register your card online—create an account, then enter your email, favorite store, and Kroger Plus Card number.
- At the bottom of your Account Summary, click Enroll under Community Rewards, and either enter our Kroger Non Profit number (65466) or just search for Friends of the Knox County Public Library.
Stay up to date on what’s going on with Friends! Sign up to receive our e-newsletter, Friends ♥ KCPL.
Our Mission: Friends of the Knox County Public Library is dedicated to fostering a love of libraries, books, and reading in the Knox County area by community outreach, advocacy, and support of the Knox County Public Library System and staff.